Families with young children come to us for a whole range of reasons.
Behavioural and emotional problems, including:
- disruptive behaviours
- separation anxiety
- grief and loss
- adjustment disorders
- social and emotional difficulties
(mothers, fathers, foster and kinship carers, (e.g. grandparents), step parents)
- parenting stress
- parenting difficulties related to
- trauma (own or child’s)
- grief and loss (own or child’s)
- family separation or changes in care arrangements
- own mental health problems e.g. anxiety, depression (including post natal anxiety and depression- either or both parents)
- family crisis
- difficult pregnancy or birth experience
- family conflict or violence
We can provide individual and group sessions. As we are a team of psychologists we can accommodate several members of one family in concurrent individual sessions.
Group programs may be run periodically when there is adequate demand.
The evidence based therapeutic approach we take with each client will depend on presenting difficulties, assessment and the goals we set with you.
We are qualified and experienced in using the individualised Circle of Security Intensive Intervention both individually, with couples and groups. We also use Circle of Security Parenting DVD program as suited to client need. For more information about Circle of Security please refer to the official website at www.circleofsecurity.net.